Our project focuses the development of an operating system with a most simple implementation and structure. The goal is to provide a good starting point for beginners along with accompanying documents.
- 32-bit kernel (x86), supports VM86 (16-bit) mode
- storage drivers: Floppy, USB (UHCI, OHCI, EHCI), ATA
- filesystem drivers: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32
- network adapter drivers: Realtek RTL8139, AMD PCNet Fast III, Intel e1000
- video drivers: VESA BIOS Extensions (2.0)
- Console interface, supporting up to 11 consoles at a time
- Boots own bootloader (assembly) supporting from FAT12 or GRUB
The German PrettyOS is a really great OS team.