-----Corrupt pptx2txt Version 1.0.3-----
This program will extract the text even from damaged or corrupted
PowerPoint (Microsoft's "Office Open" format) pptx format files.
It sometimes succeeds at doing so where PowerPoint fails to salvage
text. It can also be simply used as a viewer of the text in a pptx
file without having PowerPoint 2007, 2010 or 2013 installed. It works to
extract text from both the slides and the notes.
----Changes to 1.0.3----
1. In the Alternatives menu, changed the Recoveronix Online File Repair
"S2SERVICE" coupon code expiration date to 11/01/2014.
----Changes to 1.0.2----
1. Now signing the setup and uninstall executables.
2. In the Alternatives menu, changed the Recoveronix Online File Repair
"S2SERVICE" coupon code expiration date to 11/01/2013.
----Changes to 1.0.1----
1. Added 5 offer installer to install routine.
2. Got rid of the Chinese characters on the offer download screen.
3. In the Alternatives menu, changed the Recoveronix Online File Repair
"S2SERVICE" coupon code expiration date to 05/01/2013.
----Changes to 1.0----
1. Now installing in the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\
Corrupt PPTX Salvager folder.
2. Digitally signed the install folder.
3. Now using 7zip command line version as the unzipper.
4. A zip repair pretreatment step, using InfoZip's zip.exe was added,
5. Removed 2nd version of recovery algorithm as it wasn't substantially
6. Added alternatives menu with free and commercial alternatives to
this menu for PowerPoint recovery.
1. Run the installation routine.
2. Do not remove the temp and temp2 folders.
----How to use this program----
1. Click on the File Menu and choose Open.
2. Choose your pptx PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 file from which you
wish to extract text.
3. Your extracted text will be displayed.
4. Edit as desired, the program functions as a Notepad like editor
at this point.
5. Choose the Save menu choice on the File Menu and save the
text file to the name and file location you wish.
This program is made by Paul D Pruitt (socrtwo) and uses a
modification of the pptx2txt Perl script by Sopan Shewale
which is based on Sandeep Kumar docx2txt. See
http://docx2txt.sourceforge.net/. It also uses Perl/Tk code for
the GUI elements from http://www.bin-co.com/perl/perl_tk_tutorial/.
7zip, the unzipper is available here: http://www.7-zip.org/.
The InfoZip project and its zip.exe program used in zip repair
is here: http://www.info-zip.org/.
* My software website is http://www.godskingsandheroes.info/software/.
* Also visit my data recovery software list http://www.s2services.com.
* My E-Mail: socrtwo@s2services
* I do data recovery for $22 an incident, of which $5 is nonrefundable
whether I am able to recover text or not. Upload your file here: