Polyphone is a free software for editing soundfonts in format sf2. These files contain a multitude of audio samples put together and configured so as to form musical instruments that can be used by synthesizers such as fluidsynth and played using a MIDI keyboard.
The goal of Polyphone is to provide:
- a simple and efficient interface for creating and editing .sf2 files, available on both Linux and Windows,
- tools to facilitate and automate the setting of different parameters, making it possible to handle a large amount of data.
- support of sf2 format v2.01 and v2.04
- support for 24 bits samples
- support for jack and asio audio servers
- analysis of frequency peaks and estimation of sample pitch
- automatic loop of samples, with steady state detection and use of a crossfade
- simultaneous editing of parameters
- specific tools for musical instrument creation
- a recorder, for the record of what is played in a .wav file
- built-in synthetizer, controlled by a virtual keyboard or midi signals
- built-in user manual
- sfz export
Be the first to post a review of Polyphone Soundfont Editor!