PodHawk is a CMS specifically for audio and video podcasting. It features easy upload and management of audio and video files, an RSS feed and web-pages with a range of Flash players. It uses the Smarty template engine.
- Support for OnePixelOut and JW Players.
- Support for auto-updating playlists.
- Plugins, including Facebook integration plugin (Facebook app, social plgins, OG meta tags)
- Web-pages with modular Smarty templates for easy editing and rearranging.
- Full podcasting RSS feed for iTunes subscription.
- Easy post editing with Textile, Markdown, BBCode or the Tiny MCE editor.
- Download counting.
- id3 tag editing.
- Flash or FTP file upload, plus support for remotely-hosted audio/video files (including YouTube).
- Easy upload and management of images, including auto-compiling of HTML tags.
- Choice of PodHawk commenting system, or Disqus comments.
- Spam protection options including Akismet.
- Support for MySQL, sqlite and Postgres8 databases
- Optional FTP layer, so no directories need world-writable permissions
This has been a godsend! after numerous attempts with other programs this has been very functional and Peter is a fast responder to issues!
Podhawk is an effective podcasting platform, simple to use too. Thanks too, to an active owner who is excellent with updates and support.
Very simple and easy, perfect for the individual or small group. I even wrap it inside a Joomla website. I just loved the old LoudBlog and so far I love this one too. Thanks! Happy in Roseville, CA. Arlene