PodHawk is a CMS specifically for audio and video podcasting. It features easy upload and management of audio and video files, an RSS feed and web-pages with a range of Flash players. It uses the Smarty template engine.
- Support for OnePixelOut and JW Players.
- Support for auto-updating playlists.
- Plugins, including Facebook integration plugin (Facebook app, social plgins, OG meta tags)
- Web-pages with modular Smarty templates for easy editing and rearranging.
- Full podcasting RSS feed for iTunes subscription.
- Easy post editing with Textile, Markdown, BBCode or the Tiny MCE editor.
- Download counting.
- id3 tag editing.
- Flash or FTP file upload, plus support for remotely-hosted audio/video files (including YouTube).
- Easy upload and management of images, including auto-compiling of HTML tags.
- Choice of PodHawk commenting system, or Disqus comments.
- Spam protection options including Akismet.
- Support for MySQL, sqlite and Postgres8 databases
- Optional FTP layer, so no directories need world-writable permissions
Very simple and easy, perfect for the individual or small group. I even wrap it inside a Joomla website. I just loved the old LoudBlog and so far I love this one too. Thanks! Happy in Roseville, CA. Arlene
This has been a godsend! after numerous attempts with other programs this has been very functional and Peter is a fast responder to issues!
Podhawk is an effective podcasting platform, simple to use too. Thanks too, to an active owner who is excellent with updates and support.