Free web based PHP podcasting script: publish podcasts uploading audio/video files via a web form and automatically create podcast w3c-compliant feeds including iTunes specific tags. The script also features a comprehensive web administration.
- Easy to install (web setup)
- Support for most common audio/video filetypes (mp3, ogg, mpg, m4v, mov, etc...)
- The RSS podcast feed is automatically generated and meets the w3c standards
- Organize your episodes by thematic categories (each category features its own podcast feed)
- Support for iTunes specific tags
- User friendly web administration interface to upload, edit, delete episodes and fully customize your podcast
- Themes Support
- Multilanguage support
- Web or FTP upload of audio/video episodes
- No mySQL needed (XML-based)
I used it for my first podcast application, really easy to set up and use. Sadly, it requires all files to be on the same host, and hosted diskspace is expensive. I had to find another solution that let's me link to files remotely (Amazon S3 in my case). I would come back to Podcastgen if they add this feature, hence the not quite five stars.
very good project, thanks!
podcastgen works nicely