PlayerPro is a music composer and sound editor ( SoundTracker ) for MOD S3M XM IT UMX . Uses XI, Quicktime or SoundFonts. Currently runs on MacOS and OSX; playback engines also available for Windows and BeOS. Upcoming version 6 will support ALSA (Linux).
- plays music tracker modules
- opens native MADK and older MADfg , MADH, MADI
- imports MOD, S3M, XM, IT, MED, OktaMED ,669, Midi , MTM , ULT, UMX, AMF, DMF
- exports AIFF , MPEG4/AAC , as well as MOD , S3M , XM modules
- midi I/o enabled on supported platforms for recording + playback
- OpCode OMS on Mac OS Classic, CoreMidi on Mac OS X
- multi-track midi recording
- supports native and VST effects for samples , channels and global
- VST effect plugins are computed at 32bits
- SoundFonts / DLS2 supported for samples
- handles 256 instruments and 256 simultaneous audio channels
- supports stereo (binaural) samples and multiple channels per track
- can render at 24 bit / 48KHz; with surround, reverb and up to 30x oversampling
- audio output can be routed via Steinberg ASIO device API support.
- APIs offer program extensibility through plugins (effects,formats etc)
- supports up to 64 samples per instrument ; with smart regions
- can perform actual musical chords in addition to fancy arpeggios
- Realtime pitch and speed adjustment during authoring and playback
- 16bit volume and panning envelopes
- lots of visual inspectors for amp and PSNR monitoring
My favorite music program of all-time. Been using it for over a decade. More powerful than it might seem! All i can hope is that it continues to get worked upon! Carbon/VST issues, some sort of midi compatibility in OSX, etc...that would be beyond amazing. Thanks!
Stupid They give you no way to install or execute the program it's a bunch of useless files in a folder. Worthless waste of time.
I have used overdone music software, and PlayerPro is done just right. I emulate OS 9 just so I can use the original v. 5.9 with the mda effects. For those who don't know a thing about music notation or reading music, the option-key pop-up on the note and the "transpose notes" features are really ingenious. Of course, a lot of people were demanding new features in PlayerPro in the 90's, and in my opinion from a sequencing perspective, it's still the best. Thank you Antoine Rosset!
That was a really good soundtracker !
Love that its free