The Pith PHP Framework is a web application framework written in PHP 5. Features planned for 1.0 are listed in the Readme; the current version of the Pith Framework is 0.5.6.5 (alpha release 20)
The goal of the Pith Framework is to combine a simple to use (pithy) framework with an admin control panel.
The Pith Framework puts everything it does into an easy to use variable named $pith. (Currently there are a couple other vars in the global namespace but they'll be gone in a few versions from now) Other objects can be loaded onto the $pith object, ex: $pith->filter, $pith->email, $pith->db
- Normally only needs to load one object to run the framework (the PithFrameworkObject, $pith) which loads the views and controllers
- Almost everything is accessible through the $pith variable so as to not clutter up the namespace (there are a couple other vars needed right now but they'll be gone soon)
- A database object
- A file object (currently doesn't do much other then INI files)
- Secure file storage permissions without ending up in file-permission-hell
- An email sending object
- An admin panel that will be closely tied with the rest of the framework (only feature right now is viewing form submissions stored in INI files)
Be the first to post a review of Pith PHP Framework!