Report inappropriate content
PIOB is PL/SQL Input Output benchmarking tool.
It generates different kinds of I/O using Oracle database means and measures it.
PIOB Web Site
- OS and platform independent because it is implemented purely in Oracle SQL*Plus, SQL and PL/SQL
- does not use Oracle AWR (AWR requires additional licensing)
- takes snapshots of only relevant performance metrics
- is instrumented for monitoring its progress
- SEED table is tuned to have 1 row per 8K block for more precise calculation of random I/O
- uses RECYCLE buffer of minimal size to reduce caching (can be turned off)
- work can be limited by amount of work cycles or by timer
- can be gracefully stopped anytime
Additional Project Details