The Phorward Foundation Toolkit, also called libphorward, is a library for C programs that provides many useful extensions.
The library focuses on extended string functions, regular expression handling and syntax-related tasks (parsing, lexing, grammar handling).
Additionally, it provides a API for basic data structures, like linked lists, hash-tables, dynamic stacks.
It also provides some system-oriented helper functions.
Most string-handling functions of the library can handle Unicode and UTF-8 input additionally to single-byte input.
The library also comes with some awk- and shell-tools for its own development and documentation generation.
The libphorward has been used in the past to create the UniCC LALR(1) Parser Generator (http://unicc.phorward-software.com), but the newer developments in this library go in the area of parsing and lexing, so that it will become a full-fledged toolkit for compiler development or any related tasks.
- Regular expression processing
- Grammar processing API (under development!)
- LR/LALR/SRL/LL parser development using TBNF grammars (under development!)
- API for basic data structures (linked lists, hash-tables, stacks, bitsets)
- Extended string functions
- Program tracing facilities
- XML processing functions
- Unicode support for UTF-8 and wide-chacracter
- Prototype generator for C-functions
- Additional development helper tools (prototype-generator, reference-generator)
Be the first to post a review of Phorward Foundation Toolkit!