A Tcl interface to PostgreSQL databases, using PostgreSQL libpq
pgtclng (PostgreSQL Tcl Next-Generation) is a loadable Tcl module for accessing PostgreSQL databases. It was forked from pgtcl in Feb 2004, moved to pgfoundy.org in Aug 2006 and to Sourceforge.net in Mar 2011. Its API is a superset of the pure-Tcl companion project pgintcl.
- Allows Tcl scripts to communicate with PostgreSQL database servers
- Written in C as a loadable Tcl module (using "load" or "package require")
- Released as both source code and a compiled (binary) DLL for Windows
- Tested with Tcl-8.6(beta), 8.5, and 8.4; PostgreSQL-9.1.x, 9.0.x, and 8.4.x
- Reference manual covers pgtclng and companion pure-Tcl project pgintcl
- Compatible superset of original bundled Pgtcl with many extensions