Installer for Windows (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Source code distribution
GPG signatures to verify the integrity of the files
Changes in version 8.0:
* Increased playing strength, especially in game variant Trigon.
* Improved performance on multi-core CPUs: Previously, the move
generation was faster on multi-core CPUs but there was a small
drop in playing strength compared to the same playing level on a
single-core CPU. This effect has been reduced.
* New toolbar button for starting a rated game.
* The interface is now more locked down during rated games, for
example it is no longer possible to change the computer colors or
take back a move during a rated game.
* The menu item "Computer Colors" was moved from the Game to the
* The source code no longer compiles with MSVC 2012 but requires
MSVC 2013 because a larger subset of C++11 features is used.
* The source code distribution now uses xz instead of gzip for
* The PNG versions of the icons are no longer included in the source
code but generated at build time from the SVG icons by a small
Qt-based helper program. This adds a build time dependency on QtSvg.
* A XPM icon is now installed to share/pixmaps.
* The configure option USE_BOOST_THREAD is no longer supported.
For building with MinGW, a version of MinGW with support for
std::thread is now required (e.g. from mingwbuilds.sf.net).