PeaZip is a free archiver tool. The application provides an unified, natively portable, cross-platform file manager and archive manager GUI for many Open Source technologies like 7-Zip, FreeArc, PAQ, UPX.
Create: 7Z, ARC, BZip/GZip, PEA, TAR, WIM, XZ, ZPAQ, ZIP files and more
Open and extract 150+ file types: ACE, CAB, DEB, ISO, RAR, ZIPX and more
Features of PeaZip includes extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create self-extracting archives (sfx), split files, strong encryption with two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion, find duplicate files, calculate hashes, export task definition as command line script.
- Compress to 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ/ZPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, sfx, TAR, WIM, XZ, ZIP file format
- Open and extract over 150 archive types, including ACE, ISO, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files
- Archive management: extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create sfx archives, split and merge files, save job definition as script
- File management: advanced search, navigation and bookmarking features, find duplicate files, calculate checksums and hashes
- Security: strong encryption with two factor authentication (with optional key file), password manager (with optional strong encryption protection), secure deletion
- Available both for Windows and Linux in portable and installable version
This is one of the many great programs I got familiar since I started using PortableAoos.com back in 2008. One of the main features I've always praised of PeaZip above other great compression software like 7-zip or FreeArc it's the overall design; from the installation (how all association and shell options are given). the UI (all the info presented about the files, the browser, the theme customization, the menus) to it's core own compression file, PEA. It's able to create backups, scripts, manage passwords,it's got a very flexible compression dialog, full of options to customize the result file, it makes the use of the console really easy and familiar (since I'm not used to do it, I feel like I can use it without being alienated). Even the icons for the file associations are cool. In general, PeaZip has the same great features of other open source compression tools, but the design it's the best overall, I personally prefer using PeaZip in Windows, everything adapts to me ( and not the other way around), and the dev. it's quick to take note of bugs and problems with the app. I hope to see a better implementation of the PEA file in the future (in other software), I feel the full potential hasn't been unleashed yet.
Useful file archiver tool.
Could you please let me know the ECCN for this software?
Finally I can freely and correctlyadd files with unicode names to existing tar.gz files. Thanks.
Excelente compactador/descompactador. Estou surpreso com a rapidez e facilidade de uso. O programa é bem leve e funcional, parabéns equipe. Pelo que entendi, é free também. Aconselho a todos.