Peace is a graphical user interface for Equalizer APO http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo by Jonas Thedering (version 0.9.1 or higher).
Your equalizer configuration (audio preset) can be saved and activated by 1 click, hotkey or tray.
Almost all suggested features in the reviews are implemented!
Thanks shak3800, Giorgio, makzmakz, rcn29, ptou, stelam, creyc and other reviewers.
- up to 31 gain dB sliders per channel/speaker
- 9 speakers support (all, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1)
- filter frequencies, dB gains, filter qualities can all be changed per slider
- filters: peak, low/high pass and shelf, band, notch and all pass
- pre amplifying dB values for volume control (per channel/speaker)
- graph of your filters (transfer function) per speaker
- make, save and activate own equalizer configurations (presets)
- select a device for your equalizer configuration
- besides your own presets, there are dance, rock, classic, bass boost, etc.
- alter audio sound through buttons like expand and compress
- control by tray and hotkeys
- languages: English, Deutsch, Nederlands, Italiano
Pretty.f-ing.awesome! Installation forced me to be a little smarter than I wanted, but stretching the brain a bit is good exercise. Thanks a ton, Peter Verbeek, for turning Equalizer APO into a user-friendly program for non-techies like me.
Terrific! I had gotten pretty good at editing the text files for E-APO so I didnt really think I needed this GUI. I was wrong...this thing is wonderful.Worked perfectly and was easy to setup the interface exactly how I wanted. And I was able to easily make seperate setups for headphones. E-APO and Peace are indesposible for me. Thank you to both developers. :)
First off, I can't believe windows doesn't come with an equalizer built-in by now. Second, I applaud the guys who made EqualizerAPO, but at the same time I can't believe Equalizer APO was released without a GUI. I know it's easy to sit on my butt and complain, but making an equalizer graphical is something that became standard circa the early 1970's. I think this wonderful GUI should be integrated into the same install package with the main program. The reason I didn't give this 5 stars is, when I tried to install it, it said it couldn't find the config file and just exited right away, even though I knew for sure I had installed EAPO first... Turns out the executable itself had to be located in the directory where the config file resided. A note about this (from within the app) would have been appreciated. Also, sometimes intermittently when I move the sliders, the sound switches between sounding great with good EQ, and sounding muddy like it does with no EQ. But all in all, a great project!
Outstanding. Equalizer APO desperately needed a user interface. An this is a darn good one.
A spectacular GUI for Equalizer APO. Together they make up an extremely powerful combination that give you total control of your filters. I'm a huge fan! Thank you so much for making this available to us!