Peace is a graphical user interface for Equalizer APO http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo by Jonas Thedering (version 0.9.1 or higher).
Your equalizer configuration (audio preset) can be saved and activated by 1 click, hotkey or tray.
Almost all suggested features in the reviews are implemented!
Thanks shak3800, Giorgio, makzmakz, rcn29, ptou, stelam, creyc and other reviewers.
- up to 31 gain dB sliders per channel/speaker
- 9 channels/speakers support (all, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1)
- filter frequencies, dB gains, filter qualities can all be changed per slider
- filters: peak, low/high pass and shelf, band, notch and all pass
- pre amplifying dB values for volume control (per channel/speaker)
- make, save and activate own equalizer configurations (presets)
- select a device for your equalizer configuration
- besides your own presets, there are dance, rock, classic, bass boost, etc.
- alter audio sound through buttons like expand and compress
- control by tray and hotkeys
- languages: English, Deutsch, Nederlands, Italiano
Registered just to rate this. Been using Equalizer APO for a long time now, but Peace is amazing. If you listen to music on windows and don't have a soundcard (or maybe even if you do?) definitely use this and APO!
Awesome GUI compadre. Very easy to use and functional. As an aspiring CS student, programs like this are where I want to be one day. Thank you so much!
Top notch! Using Peace GUI with Equalizer APO (32 bit). Exactly what I was looking for. Thumbs up and thanks to the developer of both these excellent projects!
Compared to the recommended option for using Equalizer APO (Room EQ Wizard), this method is a lot more intuitive to use and lightweight. While the UI may seem a little dated and hard to understand at first, the entirety of the functions of the two screens of this app (!) becomes clear after only a few minutes of tinkering around This app does everything you'd expect it to, which I won't elaborate here (read the app description) Overall an awesome app
Asus Xonar Essence One = piece of crap [SOLVED] ! :o) When I first got the Essence One external headphone amp I thought it sounded like a piece of crap because you could not use the Asus Audio Center audio software like the quality equalizer. I had used the Asus Xonar Essence STX internal soundcard for few years before, always with Asus Audio Center + Sennheiser HD600 headphones and it is best sound I ever heard on my computer. I tried many windows Equalizers softwares as I could to try to overcome the problem but gave up because none sounded good enough. I thought I may have to throw the Essence One off a high bridge onto concrete in disgust. But 6+ months later Peace, GUI for Equalizer APO has saved its life and my $. This software make Equalizer APO more user friendly. It makes excellent sound, the same if not better than the high quality Asus equalizer.