Micro Alarm Clock was specially created as an accessible and easy-to-use alarm / reminder.
You can use Micro Alarm Clock in order to avoid missing appointments, or forget various things that you have to do. The software allows you to set multiple alarms and set the alarm sound / volume.
- Version 1.0.2 - Updated GUI
- Version 1.0.2 - Added Update Checker
- Version 1.0.2 - Re-coded From Scratch
- Version 1.0.2 - Feature Request from user added a Help Screen
- Version 1.0.3 - Screenshot Update
- Version 1.0.3 - Small GUI Updates
- Version 1.0.3 - Fixed cleaned up the error log
- Version 1.0.3 - Detect admin rights
- Version 1.0.3 - Added option to run the program after install
- Version 1.0.4 - Added theme color changer
- Version 1.0.4 - Fixed update socket checks for the correct "new version only"
- Version 1.0.4 - Fixed system tray menu more then one window showing at a time
- Version 1.0.4 - Fixed double click system tray shows more then one window
- Version 1.0.4 - Minor GUI update
- Version 1.0.4 - Added auto update feature to the about window
- Version 1.0.4 - Now auto checks for updates on startup
- Version 1.0.4 - Fixed issue with time not updating right on "New Alarm" window
- Version 1.0.5 - Fixed alarm windows back color
- Version 1.0.5 - Added default system sound path to settings window
- Version 1.0.5 - Added forced computer screen to turn on when alarm fires
- Version 1.0.5 - Minor GUI about window update
- Version 1.0.6 - Fixed theme color not showing right on clock window from 1.0.4
- Version 1.0.6 - Fixed default system sound path to settings window from 1.0.5
- Version 1.0.6 - Added blinking color when alarm fires
- Version 1.0.6 - Fixed turn on/off alarms on view alarms window "Now they all turn off/on"
- Version 1.0.6 - Small GUI Update
- Version 1.0.6 - Fixed Edit Alarm Time not showing right caused from 1.0.4 time update bug fix
- Version 1.0.6 - Fixed alarm going off when its set to false on alarms window
Just released a new alarm clock version re coded it from scratch updated a lot of things any new features or bugs you guys find let me know ill do my best to fix them enjoy :)
As a gamer, I've had too many instances where I unknowingly stay up until midnight when I need to be up early that morning. I've set up a couple alarms to (hopefully) help prevent this from happening too much in the future. I've noticed no hit in my computer's performance, and the alarms work. I will say that the usability is a tad difficult. I had to think for a minute to figure out the interface, although it was quick to figure out. I'm a Visual Communications student, and a textbook for my Interface Design class states that the first rule of designing an interface is "Don't make me think!" Now, this program is barely an offender in that department, but still, its worth mentioning. One thing I would like to see is a few audio files optionally provided. It's great that you can use any audio file (I picked the song State of the Union by Rise Against) but I didn't know what half of the audio files it found sounded like, and I wasn't interested in testing file after file to find something loud and annoying. I finally just settled on the loudest, boldest song I have on my hard drive since I knew what that one sounded like. I intend on using my computer and art skills to make an alarm as loud and annoying as possible, and I will be more than willing to send it to the developers to distribute if they are interested. If there is interest, I might make some quieter, office-friendly alarms as well if there is demand, or if I need one myself ;) All in all, this is exactly what I was looking for, and it does the job. I like when I find a program that does what I need and little more, because all of those bells and whistles you never use don't do you any good. They hog hard drive space, processing power and developers' time as the have to maintain all of those extra features. This program is slim and simple, which I like.
Nice start but it needs work, namely: 1. It did not appear in my Start Menu list of programs. 2. Add the option of a one-time alarm. 3. Add controls and indicators on the clock window. Alarms can only be added and viewed by right-clicking the icon in the panel tray.
Nice and simple application, serves the purpose. But I need to MUTE all the system sounds, web content sounds e.t.c. while no Alarm... Can you add: - a checkbox to MUTE all the PC sounds while no Alarms. - or implement a program call before and after each Alarm. Then I can implement muting with external program such as: NirCmd v2.71
Works, very small, no complaints.