PCGen is a free open source RPG character generator (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/.
- Is FREE and works on all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS).
- Data and character files are operating system independent.
- Allows you to Create and Maintain multiple Characters.
- Supports d20 based Game Systems including D&D (3E, 3.5E, 4E), d20 Modern and Pathfinder.
- Supports Tons of Publishers and their products.
- Is highly configurable, allowing the user to add or remove races, classes, feats, and house rules such as unusual class or race restrictions.
- Supports level advancement, with configurable progressions of feats, skills and ability score bonuses.
- Produces numerous customized character and party sheets in HTML, TEXT and PDF formats.
I adore this program! It's easy to use and makes character creation so much simpler. Unfortunately I've got a bit of a problem. I used this program on my boyfriend's computer, and my dad's but it won't seem to work quite right on mine. It will run on the admin user account, but not on the standard user account. Anyone know how to fix that?
I absolutely love this generator above all the others I've used. It makes for quick character creation for new-to-the-table players (I GM a lot of those) and SNPC's (The ones that are basically there to make my PC's lives hell). The only issue I have with this generator isn't really an issue so much as something I covet. I just want so many other games to be available on this generator. It would make playing a new game for the first time a breeze to set up. Other than that, I have nothing, but good things to say about PCGen.