PCGen is a free open source RPG character generator (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/.
- Is FREE and works on all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS).
- Data and character files are operating system independent.
- Allows you to Create and Maintain multiple Characters.
- Supports d20 based Game Systems including D&D (3E, 3.5E, 4E), d20 Modern and Pathfinder.
- Supports Tons of Publishers and their products.
- Is highly configurable, allowing the user to add or remove races, classes, feats, and house rules such as unusual class or race restrictions.
- Supports level advancement, with configurable progressions of feats, skills and ability score bonuses.
- Produces numerous customized character and party sheets in HTML, TEXT and PDF formats.
I absolutely love this generator above all the others I've used. It makes for quick character creation for new-to-the-table players (I GM a lot of those) and SNPC's (The ones that are basically there to make my PC's lives hell). The only issue I have with this generator isn't really an issue so much as something I covet. I just want so many other games to be available on this generator. It would make playing a new game for the first time a breeze to set up. Other than that, I have nothing, but good things to say about PCGen.
The best character generator for Pathfinder!
Nice work ! Great project.
Pcgen is excellent! Thanks.