Patchouli is a tool for easily creating and maintaining a set of source code patches, while continuing to normally edit, compile, and do version control of the project as one whole. The tool builds the patches from annotations inside the source code.
- See the whole source code, not individual patches.
- Source code is always ready to compile and includes all patches.
- Splitting a patch, moving changes from one patch to another, and so on, is very easy.
- Continue to use revision control on the source code normally, to track modifications and allow multiple programmers to cooperate. Other patch generation tools keep each patch as a revision, preventing you from using revisions normally.
- Make it easy to generate well-formed and well-documented patches.
- Make it easy to send these patches to a mailing list.
- Option to verify that all patch levels of the source code compile.
Be the first to post a review of Patchouli!