Partclone is a project like the well-known backup utility "Partition Image" a.k.a partimage. Partclone provide utilities to back up used blocks and design for higher compatibility of the file system using supported library like e2fslibs.
- Support Linux, Windows, MAC, FreeBSD, ESX file system backup/restore
- Support btrfs, ext2/3/4, jfs, xfs, reiserfs, and reiser4 for linux file system
- Support fat and ntfs for Windows file system
- Support ufs for FreeBSD file system
- Support vmfs for ESX vmware server
- zfs in the future
I have used Partclone to successfully back up and restore EXT4 partitions on a MicroSD card. (In case you're wondering why someone would do that to a MicroSD card: the partitions contained OpenWRT pivot overlays for routers.) Partclone works great for the purpose and is easy to use.
Stable and works.
good project partclone
Reliable and stable, thanks partclone
I use it in an offline backup solution for stand-alone systems. It works great.