Hyper fast multi-threaded cross platform 2D renderer with optimized loading via file cache, basic GUI elements, and beginnings of an editor.
- Fully cross platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Optimized file cache system with simple package and release availability. Simply select your binary with corresponding continuously updating cache directory and you're ready to release your game.
- Automatic asset updating system. No need to open the Editor every time you change an shader, texture, etc.; just run the game and it will automatically update the respective objects in the Cache.
- DDS Compressed texture support, specifically DXT1 and DXT5 support. DXT1 offers 6 to 1 compression for color-only textures(compared to flat 24-bit bitmap) and DXT5 offers 4 to 1 compression for alpha textures(compared to flat 32-bit bitmap). And this compression goes all the way into video memory on supported hardware, which is over 94% of gamers according to Wolfire's report: http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/feature/GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
- Global Unique ID(GUID) system for linking assets together. Never spend time relinking assets together just because you changed some filename.
- Threaded asynchronous loading system.
Be the first to post a review of Paper Engine 2!