Fully featured 2D Game Engine with complete built-in level editor, visual scripting editor, asset management tools, etc.
- Cross Platform support: Windows, Mac, and Linux(with PS3 and XBox 360 coming soon; plus iOS, Android, and Wii support planned for the future)
- Full Editor to manage all assets and platform configurations. Meaning that iOS specific assets, for example, can be marked as such directly in the Editor.
- Keystroke toggle between Game and Editor(when running non-Final-Release binary). No need to jump back and forth between Editor and Game executables, just tap a key(or two) and you're ready to edit or test.
- Optimized file cache system with simple package and release availability. Simply select your binary with corresponding continuously updating cache directory and you're ready to release your game.
- Automatic asset updating system. No need to open the Editor every time you change an shader, texture, etc.; just run the game and it will automatically update the respective objects in the Cache.
- DDS Compressed texture support, specifically DXT1 and DXT5 support. DXT1 offers 6 to 1 compression for color-only textures(compared to flat 24-bit bitmap) and DXT5 offers 4 to 1 compression for alpha textures(compared to flat 32-bit bitmap). And this compression goes all the way into video memory on supported hardware, which is over 94% of gamers according to Wolfire's report: http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/feature/GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
- Global Unique ID(GUID) system for linking assets together. Never spend time relinking assets together just because you changed some filename. Simply update the GUID Cache in the Editor to point to your renamed file.
- Threaded asynchronous loading system.
Be the first to post a review of Paper Engine 2!