Panzer Combat II is a multi-player voice and webcam enabled computer-assisted distributed miniature wargame of World War II tank combat. Firing is done by placing a webcam behind the aiming unit. Distance to target is computed using computer vision. Action inside the tanks is performed on the computer screen while battlefield strategy is played on the miniature terrain. Both camps can use a different laptop or tablet, the game will interconnect.
You can try it online : http://server.panzercombat.com/PCII_Web/fire.htm
Look at battle reports : http://www.flickr.com/photos/panzercombatii
Or watch a demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjfV8Odtss
100% CLEAN : http://games.softpedia.com/progClean/Panzer-Combat-II-Clean-95530.html
- World War II computer-assisted tank wargame
- Voice, Webcam and Network enabled
- Distributed : each of both camps can start the game on a java enabled tablet
- When using 2 instances, you might have to disable the firewall to connect.
- Some webcam drivers do not release the webcam, always check the led light!
Thanks for software and updates.
This is one of the few hybrid games mixing real panzers (models) and computer action (firing, protecting, ...). Webcam works well. An enjoyable family game on a rainy afternoon!