PairFX is a chess pairing program specialized for youth tournaments in schools and chess clubs .
(You can run any kind of tournament with it actually but it was written for chess in schools)
It supports the organization of a so-called 'run through' tournament.
You can add and remove players on the fly and adjust the pairings if you wish.
Important: PairFX is not round based BUT game based, so those who can play faster will be playing more games than those who play slower.
The pairing algorithm sorts the players according to percentage and points, and then tries from the bottom to the top to make pairings.
The important thing is that the players play as much as possible. Where round based pairing programs come in handy when organizing club competitions and adults tournaments, PairFX proves to be better for youth tournaments. Ideal to run tournaments at school! Are you a chess teacher at school, or organize a separate tournament at the club?
- on the fly adding and removing players
- export to html
- import from excell
- players are paired according to strength (according to points or by percentage)
- designed from to start for usage in schools
- very easy and straightforward user interface
- undo of last batch of pairings
- game filter on name or firstname of the white or black player
- web server can be started (for pairing projections on big tournaments)
- fading of screens can be turned on or off (for slow machines)
- saves to xml
Be the first to post a review of Pairfx!