Osmosis TTS is a Text-to-Speech application with a built in browser and the ability to easily search for terms in the text using configurable search providers including search engines and dictionaries.
It is particularly useful for language learning as one can easily search for foreign words using external dictionary websites.
Text is spoken by copying text to the clipboard, and text can be queued up by continuing to copy new text to the clipboard while Osmosis TTS is speaking.
Text is displayed in a large window which has configurable fonts and color for users with low vision.
Other features include: Saving text as a WAV file, MP3 encoding using LAME mp3 encoder, maintaining a search history, and ability to use and configure standard SAPI TTS voices.
- Speaks text from the clipboard.
- Highlights words as they are spoken.
- Configurable font and colors for the display
- Search online dictionaries and search engines by double clicking on words.
- Add new dictionaries and search engines.
- Maintain a history of searches for later review.
- Output text to a WAV file.
- Can use LAME MP3 encoder to output files as MP3
Be the first to post a review of Osmosis TTS!