osm2postgresql is a Linux script loading openstreetmap data into a postgresql database setting up if needed a server & database (postgis+hstore). Advanced processing is performed, easing rendering. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2postgresql
- Optional: installs a postgres server and configure it; create a database (with postgis and hstore)
- Loads osm data into the database and process it
- Creates and fix polygons
- Fixes small streams, canals... on riverbanks (nicer rendering)
- Creates 3 tables that are ready for rendering: polygons, ways, nodes_with_tags
- In each table, populates a "class" field that you can link to your symbology
- Helps you easily render OSM data in your GIS application or web server
- Keeps [almost] ALL tags (in two fields: 'tags' as text and 'tagshstore' as hstore)
- 14 March 2011: version 02 (beta) released.
- Still a work in progress: stay tuned!
There are no 2 star reviews.