Package consists of 3 scripts (Perl+Bash) highly scalable that all RMAN and your site specific parms (backup dir etc) can be supplied through a .ini file. Includes .ppt and video demo, also refer some details here padmavyuha.blogspot.com
- Scalable : Customizable for any site by simple edits to a .ini file.
- Reliable :Test ran at least 200+ times over the course of development and enhancement.
- Performance : Start Time and End Time are captured even for each functions.
- Readability : Very well formatted, used naming conventions, well aligned, standard naming conventions for functions
- Notifications and Reporting : Paging and E-mailing options, In addition to detailed logs creates reports for archival and also for performance comparison.
- Implementation : Includes all "Top 10 Backup/Recovery practices" recommended by Oracle (Metalink).
- Ease of Use : Switching between DISK vs TAPE can be done through command line, no edits/hard coding changes.
Be the first to post a review of Open Source Oracle RMAN Backup Solution!