Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman's original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Cracks LM and NTLM Windows hashes
- Free tables available for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Brute-force module for simple passwords
- Audit mode and CSV export
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition
well i must be that 1% thaT THE PROGRAM DOESNT WORK FOR LOL been stuck on sending discover for cpl hrs now and nothing else happening
While I've used previous versions of Ophcrack with success on XP, the Ophcrack 3.6 live disk failed to crack passwords for Windows 7 Professional. I also installed the 64 bit version, then selected and downloaded the available Vista tables (since no free Windows 7 tables were available), and it also failed to crack passwords on Windows 7 Pro.
md5 hash don't match ? ophcrack-xp-livecd-3.6.0.iso Image Files (425 MB) 'ophcrack" md5 hash=md5sum: b23afa62f670dee41c8f01c436c0a092 - my crunch hash results=AA07109BB94430BE889933DBAD42390F
I burned the LiveCD to USB with Rufus, but my computer always says that the boot drive failed. I am trying to get into a Windows 8 machine.
I click on "Crack" and nothing happens.