Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman's original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Cracks LM and NTLM Windows hashes
- Free tables available for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Brute-force module for simple passwords
- Audit mode and CSV export
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition
Every time I forgot a Windows password, I will try Ophcrack firstly to recover the password. When the tool can't find the password, I then use PCUnlocker Live CD to bypass the password.
This is nice for bruteforce .. ⋙ Gmail Password Cracker ⋙ www.PASSWORDCRACKER.me
Version 3.6 didn't work for me (refused to load tables from LiveCD, USB stick, or anywhere else I tried), but 3.4 works perfectly. Recommend anyone having trouble with 3.6 to get hold of the older version
While I've used previous versions of Ophcrack with success on XP, the Ophcrack 3.6 live disk failed to crack passwords for Windows 7 Professional. I also installed the 64 bit version, then selected and downloaded the available Vista tables (since no free Windows 7 tables were available), and it also failed to crack passwords on Windows 7 Pro.