Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman's original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Cracks LM and NTLM Windows hashes
- Free tables available for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Brute-force module for simple passwords
- Audit mode and CSV export
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition
I have downloaded ophcrack-vista-livecd-3.4.0 4 times now. There are two files that arrive: a *.iso and a *.iso.part. the iso file is always 0 bytes and the part file is never the same size; ranging from 10 Mb to 475 Mb. What's going on? What should I expect? I can't rate it well if I can't even get a good D/L.
I have this problem it turns black screen i have tried all solutions as followed i have booted manually also in text mode still i have a black screen any advice i have a hp pav.g6 notebook windows 7
Tried Jan 2012, and didn't find password for Windows 7 home version on a Dell laptop. Runtime was around 10 mins, and resulting password was "unknown"
Very useful project!
I downloaded the iso file but cannot get it to run i xp. Any ideas?