OpenVoucher is an open source voucher management / hotspot system for authenticating guests in your wifi or cable network. It is designed to be easy to use for anyone who wants to issue vouchers.
For further information and installation how to's, see the project's homepage.
The source code is maintained on Github.
PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, OpenVoucher has no website. I will move the installation instructions and all other stuff to another page ASAP.
- Non-authenticated users are redirected to a landing page where they have to enter a voucher code
- All traffic except HTTP to OpenVoucher (the landing page) and DNS is denied until successful authentication
- Authentication can be based on MAC addresses, IPv4 addresses or both
- Admin interface for managing vouchers and admin users
- Detailed rights management for admin users
- Admins are able to add as many vouchers at one time as they want
- Vouchers can be printed (via PDF document) after creation
- Expiration time is configurable per voucher
- Number of allowed devices is configurable per voucher
- After registering a device on the landing page, the user is shown when the voucher will expire and how many devices can be registered with it
- Admins can see which devices have been registered with which voucher
- Admins can drop single devices or vouchers (including all registered devices) with one click
- If a device or voucher is dropped by an admin, the iptables ruleset will be updated immediately and the user is access denied at once
- A cronjob runs every five minutes looking for expired vouchers and drops them, including all devices (you can modify the cronjob to run it more or less often)
- The iptables ruleset provided by OpenVoucher includes a masquerading NAT so you don’t have to configure complex routing
- OpenVoucher is a set of PHP scripts and is therefore not able to provide some kind of routing, but we can use the operating system’s routing functionality (explained in the docs)
- Two lines of free text can be added and printed next to the voucher code in the printable PDF
Be the first to post a review of OpenVoucher!