It addresses many aspects to enable effective, distributed, delegated, complexity-reducing, secure and traceable management of computer systems.
For more and detailed information, please see the core documentation downloadable in the Files container. See also the Wiki for the changelog and more and how openvenus compares to other systems administration frameworks: http://sourceforge.net/p/openvenus/wiki/Home
Openvenus is a free reimplementation of parts of scVenus (see http://www.science-computing.de/en/software/system-management.html), most notably of the technically licensed base framework. scVenus is a product of science+computing ag (http://www.science-computing.de), a subcompany of Bull (http://www.bull.com). A note in advance: Do not refer to either of these companies regarding openvenus, if you want free support. They have nothing to do with it.
The credits for most of openvenus' concepts go to science+computing.
- complex configuration management including software package installation
- controlled and predefined activities run privileged on many hosts in parallel
- extensive logging
- delegation (specify, who is allowed to do what on what host(s))
- queueing and later retry (or automatic at boot time) of activities
- nameservice administration add-on (LDAP)
Be the first to post a review of openvenus!