The free and Open Source productivity suiteRead More
Free alternative for Office productivity tools: Apache OpenOffice - formerly known as OpenOffice.org - is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications. OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all common computers, stores data in ODF - the international open standard format - and is able to read and write files in other formats, included the format used by the most common office suite packages. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, in a similar manner to Mozilla Firefox, making easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- 170+ Languages
- Extensions and Templates available
- Commercial support available
- New Sidebar
- Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents, Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
- DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
- New Color Palette
- New Gradients
- New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
- Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
- Refined Selection Visualization
- Better Print Preview
- Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
- Enhanced Copy/Paste
- Enhanced Drag&Drop
- Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
- SVG Export enhancements
- SVG/Metafile Break improvement
- SVG Import improvements
- Picture Crop mode offers preview
- Unified visualization of ColorPalette popup
- Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
- Connectors support rotation
- Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
- Better gradient support in metafiles
- Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
- Support relative Pie Chart Height
- New Functions: AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
- Extensions Improvements/Enhancement
- New Toolbar management
- Unified menu API
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements
- Many resource leaks were fixed
- Speedup of Graphic Rendering
- Additional Language Support
- Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
- Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)
- Python support updated
- Support for system C++ STL
KEEP ME UPDATEDGet project updates, sponsored content from our select
partners, and more.
This is a solid alternative to M$ Office. It may not be a feature-rich, but it's FREE, and uses much less drive space, so it's a great effort that should be enough for most people's needs. Oh, LibreOffice is also a great alternative, but that's NO reason to bad mouth this release like it's garbage. The best feature it has is support for .docx format, which is my largest complaint about OpenOffice. If it supported .docx, I'd give it a solid 4 stars. As it is, I can only give it 3 stars (and a half, actually). The rest of this review is regarding the reviewers in here. MOST of the people writing two and one-star reviews are idiots. Examples: This is a 32-bit program; it SHOULD install into Program Files (x86), because that's where 32-bit programs go on 64-bit systems. Do you force square pegs in round holes? Also, it doesn't contain malware; those are morons clicking ad links on SourceForge because they don't understand the Internet. Norton Internet Security is junk. Uninstall that and get a real AV solution. Is your Mac whining about how it can't open OpenOffice because your security preferences won't allow it? That's YOUR issue, not OpenOffice's. Just right-click the icon, click Open, then confirm that you want to open it in the next dialog box, then it won't complain again. This is a FEATURE of Mac OS X. Also, the download page does say what operating system it supports. Running 32-bit version of OS X? Choose it in the drop down, it's not hard. Wah, wah, I want .deb, not .rpm, because my favorite distro is l33t. Why not compile it yourself from source, n00b?I love the herp-derp review wondering if this is a web server or office suite. I could go on and on, but seriously, just read the fools leaving negative, non-constructive reviews and you'll understand how dumb they are, and to not trust their "opinion".
The impossible can always be broken down into possibilities. M write an article so plz read it….
Gracias por dedicar su tiempo y recursos en este grandioso proyecto
installs Haho Media , this is an adware program that infiltrate the computer by means of third-party program. This kind of software was made to generate revenue for its authors. Haho Media offers web enhancement function to visitors but what you may get are unwanted advertisements. Furthermore, adware such as this can put your privacy at risk and can lead to identity theft if not taken care right away.
Great Work, Thanks!