The free and Open Source productivity suiteRead More
Free alternative for Office productivity tools: Apache OpenOffice - formerly known as OpenOffice.org - is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications. OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all common computers, stores data in ODF - the international open standard format - and is able to read and write files in other formats, included the format used by the most common office suite packages. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, in a similar manner to Mozilla Firefox, making easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- 170+ Languages
- Extensions and Templates available
- Commercial support available
- New Sidebar
- Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents, Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
- DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
- New Color Palette
- New Gradients
- New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
- Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
- Refined Selection Visualization
- Better Print Preview
- Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
- Enhanced Copy/Paste
- Enhanced Drag&Drop
- Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
- SVG Export enhancements
- SVG/Metafile Break improvement
- SVG Import improvements
- Picture Crop mode offers preview
- Unified visualization of ColorPalette popup
- Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
- Connectors support rotation
- Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
- Better gradient support in metafiles
- Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
- Support relative Pie Chart Height
- New Functions: AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
- Extensions Improvements/Enhancement
- New Toolbar management
- Unified menu API
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements
- Many resource leaks were fixed
- Speedup of Graphic Rendering
- Additional Language Support
- Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
- Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)
- Python support updated
- Support for system C++ STL
Keep Me Updated
Don't miss out on important updates!
Tried to upgrade to 4.1.1 on my MacBookAir but was told in Swedish that: ”OpenOffice” kan inte öppnas eftersom det kommer från en oidentifierad utvecklare. i.e. OpenOffice cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer! I have been using OpenOffice 3 for years with no problem. What has happened? What to do?
You still are not telling us what OS are supported? I use Mac 10.6.8 -- can I use this new update?
Excellent Software. @ download-ardamax-keylogger-withcrack.blogspot.com Download Ardamax Keylogger 4.1 with crack free and hack today facebook,twitter etc but don't mis-use it.
I have used Open Office on Windows based machines for years. After MS dropped support for XP, I decided to look at Linux. I installed Linux Mint 17 and love it. It came with Libre Office, which was a decent MS compatible office suite. After trying to copy and paste data into the spreadsheet and reading about other's problems with it, I decided to install Open Office. I uninstalled Libre, per the instructions. Installed Open Office. Being new to Linux, I DL the RPM files instead of the DEB files. After I got that straightened out, I got it up and running. To those that say Libre is better than Open Office, I don't think you have even given it a chance. Hands down Open Office is much better. One example is the icon bar. On Libre I had to mouse over each icon to see what it was. They were generic and looked the same. On Open Office they are in color and are easy to see. I copy and pasted into the spreadsheet with no problems. In Libre my system was rebooting after trying it. Hands down, Open Office is THE BEST free MS compatible office software. I share it on Facebook and have converted many friends to it. Install it, you won't be disappointed.
This is THE BEST Office Application (incl. RTF Word processor, Presentation maker etc.) that one can get FREE. It has all basic functionality and features which are required for day-to-day usage. Whatelse one can get for free (and legally too)?