Apache OpenOffice, the Free and Open Source Productivity SuiteRead More
Free alternative for Office productivity tools: Apache OpenOffice - formerly known as OpenOffice.org - is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications. OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all common computers, stores data in ODF - the international open standard format - and is able to read and write files in other formats, included the format used by the most common office suite packages. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, in a similar manner to Mozilla Firefox, making easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- 170+ Languages
- Extensions and Templates available
- Commercial support available
- New Sidebar
- Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents, Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
- DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
- New Color Palette
- New Gradients
- New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
- Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
- Refined Selection Visualization
- Better Print Preview
- Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
- Enhanced Copy/Paste
- Enhanced Drag&Drop
- Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
- SVG Export enhancements
- SVG/Metafile Break improvement
- SVG Import improvements
- Picture Crop mode offers preview
- Unified visualization of ColorPalette popup
- Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
- Connectors support rotation
- Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
- Better gradient support in metafiles
- Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
- Support relative Pie Chart Height
- New Functions: AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
- Extensions Improvements/Enhancement
- New Toolbar management
- Unified menu API
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements
- Many resource leaks were fixed
- Speedup of Graphic Rendering
- Additional Language Support
- Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
- Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)
- Python support updated
- Support for system C++ STL
Keep Me Updated
Don't miss out on important updates!
This is THE BEST Office Application (incl. RTF Word processor, Presentation maker etc.) that one can get FREE. It has all basic functionality and features which are required for day-to-day usage. Whatelse one can get for free (and legally too)?
I am very grateful for Open Office. Since my first Microsoft Word, that came installed on my first computer, expired, I have never had to pay Microsoft another penny to have a great word processing program. I have never tried out the other software in the Open Office suite. But I like the word processing very much. Even though it does seem to crash a lot, since I am just a home user it doesn't matter-- plus they ALWAYS recover the work I am doing, and get back to normal within seconds. I'm just glad this exists. Maybe I should give them a donation.....
What did you think of Apache OpenOffice? I don’t know what to say because the program was never in my computer. Norton Internet Security deleted after the downloading was finished. And the report said that there was a threat eith the name: WS.Reputation.1. The same happened with the langpack. Filename: apache_openoffice_4.1.0_win_x86_langpack_el.exe Threat name: WS.Reputation.1 Full Path: d:\usb intenso\open office\apache_openoffice_4.1.0_win_x86_langpack_el.exe Details Unknown Community Usage, Unknown Age, Risk Medium Origin Downloaded from switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/openofficeorg.mirror/4.1.0/binaries/el/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.0_Win_x86_langpack_el.exe Activity Actions performed: Actions performed: 1 On computers as of Not Available Last Used 4/7/2014 at 11:04:07 μμ Startup Item No Launched No Unknown It is unknown how many users in the Norton Community have used this file. Unknown This file release is currently not known. Medium This file risk is medium. Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe
great software! thanks!
While value for money unbeatable, OO is not for free. Some time to get into features should be pretty obvious, but certain issues and flaws need your attention as well. A solid documentation would help but seems unavailable. Overall it's worthwhile to put effort into it - you'll still get a product on eye level with Office.