The free and Open Source productivity suiteRead More
Free alternative for Office productivity tools: Apache OpenOffice - formerly known as OpenOffice.org - is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications. OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all common computers, stores data in ODF - the international open standard format - and is able to read and write files in other formats, included the format used by the most common office suite packages. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, in a similar manner to Mozilla Firefox, making easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- 170+ Languages
- Extensions and Templates available
- Commercial support available
- New Sidebar
- Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents, Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
- DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
- New Color Palette
- New Gradients
- New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
- Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
- Refined Selection Visualization
- Better Print Preview
- Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
- Enhanced Copy/Paste
- Enhanced Drag&Drop
- Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
- SVG Export enhancements
- SVG/Metafile Break improvement
- SVG Import improvements
- Picture Crop mode offers preview
- Unified visualization of ColorPalette popup
- Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
- Connectors support rotation
- Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
- Better gradient support in metafiles
- Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
- Support relative Pie Chart Height
- New Functions: AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
- Extensions Improvements/Enhancement
- New Toolbar management
- Unified menu API
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements
- Many resource leaks were fixed
- Speedup of Graphic Rendering
- Additional Language Support
- Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
- Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)
- Python support updated
- Support for system C++ STL
Keep Me Updated
Don't miss out on important updates!
OpenOffice has come a long way from the old StarOffice times. It is sad that it was forked, even with incompatible licences, because now each feature, each bug, even each regression needs to be looked into twice. My major gripe is the slow/nonexistent/regressed support for professional graphics: SVG, and mostly (E)PS. The so-called market leader, Microsoft Office, is completely blind on that eye. Therefore I had been very happy to do all my graphics, drawings, etc. in SVG, respectively EPS. Alas, with the transition to 4.X.X.X, both siblings lost in this field, with LibreOffice losing all, while OpenOffice still does SVG perfectly well. Alas, on both sides, the efforts to put support of proper vector graphics back, is on the back burner. Why? I have no clue. For me, that was one of the major advantages compared to MS Office.
Perfect alternatives for MS Office.
Tried to upgrade to 4.1.1 on my MacBookAir but was told in Swedish that: ”OpenOffice” kan inte öppnas eftersom det kommer från en oidentifierad utvecklare. i.e. OpenOffice cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer! I have been using OpenOffice 3 for years with no problem. What has happened? What to do?
You still are not telling us what OS are supported? I use Mac 10.6.8 -- can I use this new update?
Excellent Software. @ download-ardamax-keylogger-withcrack.blogspot.com Download Ardamax Keylogger 4.1 with crack free and hack today facebook,twitter etc but don't mis-use it.