This project hosts various plugins for the OpenCPN chart plotter, which are not bundled with the core package.
OpenCPN is a free software (GPLv2) project to create a concise chart plotter and navigation software, for use underway or as a planning tool. OpenCPN is developed by a team of active sailors using real world conditions for program testing and refinement.
- World Magnetic Model - Magnetic variation computing and display
- Google Earth Integration
- Radar type display for AIS targets
- Weatherfax weather maps overlay over the charts
- Celestial navigation calcullations and plotting
- General purpose and boating specific calculator
- Search and rescue pattern generation
Welcome to the Opencpn Community. We need both programmers and users willing to join the work of improving Opencpn for everyone. This is a great repository for Opencpn Plugins. Many of them are reaching maturity and can be used with a current version of Opencpn v3.2.2 (Stable) or the most current beta version. Many thanks to the Opencpn programmers who have spent their time improving this software. As Opencpn Users, we owe the programmers thanks, and intelligent and useful feedback whenever there is a possible improvement or problem that needs repair. Thanks to Pavel, Sean, Bdcat, and the many others who have made this software what it is today...