This project hosts various plugins for the OpenCPN chart plotter, which are not bundled with the core package.
OpenCPN is a free software (GPLv2) project to create a concise chart plotter and navigation software, for use underway or as a planning tool. OpenCPN is developed by a team of active sailors using real world conditions for program testing and refinement.
- World Magnetic Model - Magnetic variation computing and display
- Google Earth Integration
- Radar type display for AIS targets
- Weatherfax weather maps overlay over the charts
- Celestial navigation calcullations and plotting
- General purpose and boating specific calculator
- Search and rescue pattern generation
Dear Pavel, Please update the data files from Opencp Beta File thingie. The current files have been updated to include averages for years 1992-2012, rather than just one year (2012). Please note that the Climate Data5 files are the most current data files. Note that Linux Weather_routing has not been enabled to run Climatology data, and that the next windows version of the plugin may also not be enabled. Rick Gleason