Openbox is a highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support.
The *box visual style is well known for its minimalistic appearance. Openbox uses the *box visual style, while providing a greater number of options for theme developers than previous *box implementations.
Openbox lets you bring the latest applications outside of a full desktop environment. Most modern applications have been written with GNOME and KDE in mind. With support for the latest freedesktop.org standards, as well as careful adherence to previous standards, Openbox provides an environment where applications work the way they were designed to.
It allows you to change almost every aspect of how you interact with your desktop and invent completely new ways to use and control it. But Openbox can also be kept extremely simple, as it is in the default setup, meaning that it can suit just about anybody. Openbox gives you control without making you do everything.
- Highly configurable
- Extensive standards support
- Box style themes with a huge number of enhancements
- Minimalistic visual interface
- Extremely fast
- Advanced focus cycling dialog (with faded iconic windows)
- Dynamically built menus with Pipe menus
- Auto start programs when logging in graphically
- Extensive language rendering support
- Configurable mouse interaction with windows (Mouse bindings)
- Extensively configurable key bindings
- Dynamic desktops (add and remove desktops in any order)
- Multiple screen support
- Application launching notification from Openbox menus
- Keyboard shortcuts in all menus
- Synchronized window resizing
Be the first to post a review of Openbox!