GNU Cobol (formerly OpenCOBOL) is a free COBOL compiler. cobc translates COBOL to executable using intermediate C sources, providing full access to nearly all C libraries.
OpenCOBOL 1.1 has been uploaded, with full support for SCREEN SECTION.
GNU Cobol 1.1 co-posted to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnucobol (is available here, too)
A superb manual by Gary Cutler can be found at
FAQ and How-To at http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/
Copyright (C) 2001-2009 Keisuke Nishida
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Roger While
As above, GNU Cobol is also
Copyright (C) 2012 Simon Sobisch
Copyright (C) 2012 Sergey Kashyrin
Copyright (C) 2013 Ron Norman
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
Run time is LGPL.
- A nicely complete implementation of COBOL with nearly seamless C integration
- Over 9700 NIST COBOL 85 test suite tests passed
- Direct access to almost all C libraries, and a branched C++ version exists
- Compiler built with GNU Autotools, also successfully builds with LLVM clang
- CGI capable and, with C library access, GTK+ screens have been demonstrated
- EXEC SQL preprocessors available for PostgreSQL, Firebird, ODBC, DB2
- REPORT SECTION, SCREEN SECTION, FUNCTION-ID support
There are no 1 star reviews.