An open COBOL compiler
OpenCOBOL is an open-source COBOL compiler. cobc translates COBOL to executable using intermediate C sources, providing full access to nearly all C libraries.
OpenCOBOL 1.1 has been uploaded, with support for SCREEN SECTION
A superb manual by Gary Cutler can be found at
FAQ and How-To at http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/
Copyright (C) 2001-2009 Keisuke Nishida
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 Roger While
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
- A nicely complete implementation of COBOL
- Over 9000 NIST COBOL 85 test suite tests passed
- Direct access to the vast array of available C libraries
- Compiler built with GNU Autotools, successfully builds with LLVM clang
- CGI capable and, with C library access, GTK+ screens are proven to work
There are no thumbs down reviews.