Open Orienteering is a collection of tools which help with the creation of orienteering maps and the organization of orienteering events.
- Map drawing and editing tools for point, line, area and text objects
- ISOM 2000 (forest) and ISSOM 2007 (sprint) symbol sets
- Map templates: raster images, DXF, GPX, OSM, OCD
- Import OCD files from version 6 to 11, export version 8
- Runs on Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android
- Printing, PDF and raster image export
- Advanced features like overprinting simulation, different map cutouts, symbol set replacement, and much more …
Stable, fast, feature-rich, and cross-platform free (libre) software - amazing!
Great project. Easy to use and produces great results.
Hi I am from Brazil and I translate the OCAD Menus to portuguese. The strings pages of commands. Anyway I would like to translate Open Orienteering too, and put Portuguese into the files. What I have to do?
Unlike OCAD this software runs beautifully on a Linux system. It is stable and while the interface is different that has many benefits and once learned is easy to use and fast. Large files (high resolution background images) are handled well and the control of display options is excellent. I use this for all my mapping now.
Thanks for good program!