The goal of this project is to create a simple and easy to use parser generator that will accept a textual grammar file as an input and output modularized classes representing a limited parser interface.
Long term goals include a robust grammar file syntax, output suitable for multiple programming languages, and tools for better integrating compiler functionality, parse tree manipulation, and FSM based scanner generation.
- Generates self contained object-based text parsers and scanners for Context Free Grammars (CFG)
- Implements an LR(1) parsing scheme
- Easy to use, grammar rules are self contained in files separate from source code, unlike other parser generators
- Easily extensible, use of Google's CTemplates library allows for output in multiple programming languages
- Allows for multiple implementations of parsers and scanners
Simple to use.