Live Distro Multi Boot Compilation
OmniBoot is a multi-bootable compilation of free system administration tools and Linux live distros that comes in a small base-, a CD- and a dual DVD-Version. No installation is necessary.
Version 1.0 is a new milestone in many ways.
The menu-system has been as heavily rewritten as the build & management script.
Reliability and speed have improved as multilingual support.
Dozens of components have been updated and OmniBoot grew almost to the double size.
Still everything can be booted from the network, as from an ISO-, FAT- or EXT-file-systems.
DVD-A has the focus on tools and DVD-B features 6 CD-sized full desktop distros.
Both DVDs can easily be combined by copy&paste if a larger boot-medium is available (e.g. USB flash-drive).
A major part of OmniBoot can now also be booted from its own website. The required netboot-kernel can be found on almost every OmniBoot-iso.
- multiboot live meta distro
- various live distros with great desktops
- various special live distros for dedicated purposes
- sysadmin's toolbox
- many languages/keyboards supported
- booting from: cd/dvd (iso9660)- usb, hdd (fat, ext) - network (pxe)
- live pxe server out of the box
- access non-booting systems, repair boot information
- reset forgotten passwords