OmegaT is a free and open source multiplatform Computer Assisted Translation tool with fuzzy matching, translation memory, keyword search, glossaries, and translation leveraging into updated projects.
- Fuzzy matching
- Automatic propagation of translations
- Unlimited number of translation memories (TMX format)
- Unlimited number of glossaries (CSV and TBX format)
- Looking up terms in the project, in reference translation memories, in glossaries and in reference documents
- Projects with an unlimited number of folders and files, in all accepted formats
- Team projects with an unlimited number of translators
- Right to left and bidirectional writing management
- Tag protection and validation
- Morphological recognition
- More than 30 supported file formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Open Document Format (LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice), HTML and XHTML, TTX and SDLXLIFF (Trados), TXML (Wordfast Pro) and IDML (InDesign)
- Spell checking (Hunspell)
- Linguistic checking (LanguageTool)
- Dictionaries (mono and multilingual) in StarDict and Lingvo DSL formats
- Machine translation (Google Translate, Microsoft Translator, Apertium, Yandex)
- Public API for plugins: Additional file formats (Okapi), Local machine translation (Apertium), Internet searching system (ExternalFinder)
- Auto-completion from glossary entries and abbreviation list
The best CAT tool I used.
Best free CAT tool for Linux ever, thanks to anyone contributing to this project
OmegaT is my favourite CAT Tool. What to say: It fit all my needs and expectations. Great work and well worth to work with. I can only highly recommend it.
Thanks for the updates regarding the colours. Much appreciated!
Stable work. Good product.