Open Game Engine 2D is a full features and cross-platform 2D game engine.
It aims to help developers to create 2D games with only flat files (such as ini and script files), so that games could be written once and played under any platform supported.
This engine is a pure 2D game engine written in C/C++. It is base on SDL and AngelScript.
So, it also aims to run in any platform supported by SDL and AngelScript,
such as Windows, Linux, MacOS, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Symbian, NDS, PSP...
But, in current version, the engine only supports the following platforms:
Windows, Linux, MacOS, Windows Mobile, Android, iPhone.
- Support window mode and fullscreen mode
- Support loading common image file formats (such as BMP,JPG,PNG, etc.)
- Support rendering PNG with alpha channel
- Support dirty rect mode
- Support common 2D graphic effects
- Support 2D dynamic lighting
- Support normal scrolling map, tiled map and isometric map
- Support scene transition effects
- Support simple UI (via official sprite components)
- Support dot font display
- Support TTF, unicode and multi-language display
- Support playing video file (mpeg file)
- Support sound and music
- Support loading and playing common audio file formats (such as WAV,OGG,MP3, etc.)
- Support music fade-in and fade-out effects
- Support keyboard, mouse and joystick
- Support IM (Input Method)
- Support multi-touch (for smartphone)
- Support network (including client and server functions)
- Support multiple databases (via SOCI)
- Using C/C++ style script (AngelScript)
- Support calling external DLL or SO files in game script
- Support loading pre-compiled script (binary code)
- Support encrypting game scripts and loading encrypted game scripts
- Provide over 500 API functions to cover everything in a game
- Event driven sprite engine
- Sprite component architecture
- Support custom data object and movement path object
- Support timer and plot
- Support A * pathfinding (for RPG game)
- Support movement range finding (for SLG game)
- Support key mapping (for keyboard input)
- Support encrypting game resource files and loading encrypted game resource files
- Support compressing and packing game resource files
Be the first to post a review of oge2d!