ObjectBuilder is a C++ code generation CASE tool (CASE, code generation, refactoring, documentation generation). It lets you create, manipulate and navigate classes, class relations, class members and class methods at a high level of abstraction.
ObjectBuilder dramatically simplify work with C++ project architecture. I use it and think that tree OO interface targeted to C++ more fast and power than UML class diagrams.
ObjectBuilder perfectly organize C++ header files with any level of complexity. Even if you use loop-references if OO hierarchy, you need include only one project-level header file.
You can easy modify and refactore existing project with cut/copy/paste ANY object (from Method Argument to entire Project) within project and between ObjectBuilder projects.
ObjectBuilder is not an IDE tool. It is portable two-way architect code-generation tool.
- C++ standard-compliant code generation
- Single header for import all project subheaders
- Organize header files with any level of complexity in class hierarchy and with any type of interclass references
- Organize sources with logical manner (projects, groups/namespaces, classes, folder structure, alphabetic functions order)
- Support for advanced C++ language sintaxis - templates, virtual inheritances, virtual destructors, internal classes, global functions/variables, custom types, etc. (Unlike standard UML code generators)
- Full code lifecycle support - generate sources and read modified sources back
- Type/metadata libraries support for external frameworks (STL,Qt,Boost,etc.)
- Code quality/phase marks. Analyze/Development/Test/Complete phase status for all objects in tree - classes, methods, members, etc
- Automatic HTML documentation generator (like Doxygen/javadoc output)
- Editable code templates (for custom headers with license and copyright information)
- Multiplatform (Java JRE 1.5 and later required)
- XML-based internal file format for portability & compatibility with source control tools.
- Easy types/metadata import from third projects/frameworks (Qt,Boost,etc). [Beta stage]
- Keep "author" and "owner" attributes for all objects (ownership used with some development methodoloies)
- Source file header per-project template (description, license, etc)
Be the first to post a review of ObjectBuilder2!