NullBot is a skirmish AI for Warzone 2100 v3.1+ (see http://wz2100.net) that tries to reproduce many strategies used by human players in actual multiplayer games.
Most of the NullBot development and testing happens in the following wz2100 forum thread: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8826
- Uses specialized technology branches, focusing research on just one anti-personnel and anti-tank weapon
- Uses precisely defined initial build orders that are actively used and tested in real multiplayer games
- Adapts its research path and weapon choice to the strategies used by enemies.
- Multi-tasks with several combat groups on the battlefield, using different weapons or weapon mixes against different enemies
- Works correctly on sea maps, trying to research and make use of hover tanks as soon as possible
- This AI is deity-cheating (assumes full visibility), but it does not do anything that is actually impossible or violates the game rules.