Network Security Toolkit (NST) is a bootable ISO image (Live DVD) based on Fedora 18 providing easy access to best-of-breed Open Source Network Security Applications and should run on most x86/x86_64 platforms.
The main intent of developing this toolkit was to provide the network security administrator with a comprehensive set of Open Source Network Security Tools. The majority of tools published in the article: Top 125 Security Tools by INSECURE.ORG are available in the toolkit. An advanced Web User Interface (WUI) is provided for system/network administration, navigation, automation, geolocation and configuration of many network and security applications found within the NST distribution. In the virtual world, NST can be used as a network security analysis, validation and monitoring tool on enterprise virtual servers hosting virtual machines.
- Multi-Tap Network Packet Capture
- Web-Based Network Security Tools Management
- Host/IPv4 Address Geolocation
- Network/System Monitoring
- Network Intrusion Detection
- Multi-Port Terminal Server
- VNC Session Management
- Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor
- Active Connections Monitor
- Network Segment ARP Scanner
- Network Packet Capture CloudShark Upload Support
...This is by far...the BEST application/toolset for any information security person.....I have used this for years and recommend it above ALL else
Simple. Useful. Light.
Fast and simple.
program is a bit complicated, but still very useful
very interesting realization, however the program works fast and stable
not for 1st year computer newbies. Very interesting realization. Thanks