Novus Change Log
Greg Wilson, Austin Sherwindt, Darryn Glenn
Novus is part of the PUBLIC DOMAIN.
If you find any bugs, please send me an email with the following
- What the error was. If you get a program failure prompt, please email me
the Novus.exe.log file produced in the installation directory.
- What you were doing when the error occurred
- What version of Windows you were using. The target platforms are XP,
Vista and 7.
- The specifications of the machine you're using.
UPDATES 1.0 -
- Finished lite version with links to vimeo vids for all lessons
- Updated lesson titles
- Omitted Dialog for lesson video source selection
- Omitted PW for game reset
- Excluded Language menu from menubar
UPDATES 0.2.4 -
- Updated the Market Summary content
UPDATES 0.2.3 -
- Added the language switcher functions
- Fixed a bug in the best case HR calculation
- Changed the team storage file storage method to not rely on tags
UPDATES 0.2.2 -
- Changed all wxComboBox widgets (drop down menus) read only
- Fixed a reset error in the total descretionary spending total
- Tried to prevent index errors when calling for the
novus_pkg.Q_data.CombineData method by not allowing the call when
the year is 7.
- Changed the video file search algorithm to avoid having to load the
win32api module. This process is now handled with a series of dialogs.
UPDATES 0.2.1 -
- Changed the Lesson Select button layout
- Added label text wrapping to the Lesson Select button layout
- Added a "Game Overview" button to the How-To video list
- Added a "Total Capital Expenditure" on the finance panel for rounds 1 and 4
- Changed the Market Summary html files for blank decisions panels to notify
users that they will not have to make a decision for that year. I haven't found
an elegant solution to hide these panels, so this is a workaround.
- When the number of production cycles are changed, the feedback below
now also shows the corresponding market share.
UPDATES 0.2 -
- Added the Market Summary Content to the game
- Added the General Information and Instructional Videos
- Fixed a glitch in the best case scenario for round 6
- Added word wrapping to the lesson titles
- Added 'Teacher Mode', which will display the actual results along
side the forecast results