NifTools aims to provide users with Tools to View, Edit, Create and Visualise 3D Models stored in the NetImmerse File Format.
The NIF format is used by many popular games based on the NetImmerse/Gamebryo Game Engine such as Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim.
We are creating a unified description of the NIF file format allowing our contributors to build tools and utilities, to facilitate user created content.
The tools will allow users to:
- View/Edit/Visualise the data of a NIF model.
- Libraries to Read/Write the NIF Format.
- Import/Export NIF models into various 3D package via Plug-ins.
- Custom content creation for NetImmerse/Gamebryo Games.
- NIF XML - XML based description of the NetImmerse File Format.
- NifSkope - View, Edit and Visualise .NIF files.
- Maya Nif Plugin - Import and Export content for Maya to the NIF file format.
- Blender Nif Plugin - Blender Add-on that support import/export of .NIF files.
- 3DS Max Nif Plugin - Import/Export 3D content to Max from the NIF file format.
- PyFFI - Python library for reading/writing nif files.
- NifLib - C++ library reading/writing nif files.
Wow, that's awesome! I sure hope TES4: Oblivion uses NIF, that way I can do some tight mods!
I found your website perfect according to my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Thanks for it.
God bless! noncommercial app. Only to help. Really, thanks.
Very good application !