nGrinder 3.3 is the major release including several new features.
You should upgrade both agent and controller to 3.3 version to enjoy the new features.
- New feature and changes
* One single executable package
- Admins can run nGrinder controller using the following command.
"java -XX:MaxPermGen:200m -jar ngrinder-controller-X.X.war"
nGrinder controller war file became the self-executable and Tomcat mount is supported as well.
- Admins can download agents and monitors from the controller and
users can download private agents and monitors from the controller.
The downloaded agent/monitor packages already contains the pre-defined configuration
to connect the controller from which they are downloaded,
so that no agent configuration is necessary.
- See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/installation-guide
* No more controller-agent connection problem
- Previously nGrinder controller was bound to only one IP among all available IPs in the single machine.
Sometimes this made it difficult to run nGrinder in which the internal and external IP are separated.
(such as EC2)
- Now nGrinder controller is bound to all available IPs in the OS to listen all connection requests
such as agent connection, cluster member discovery, web connections so that the less connection error will be
- Even IP6 are fully supported.
* Easier command line options
- The controller and agents now have the detailed command line interface.
- Please run with -h when executing them to see the available options.
- Even multiple agent and controller executions in a single machine have become very easy.
- See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/controller-configuration-guide#command_line_options
- and http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/agent-configuration-guide#command_line_options
* Agent automatic update
- Now agents can be upgradable by clicking "Update" button in the controller's agent management page.
- See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/agent-auto-update
* Very small monitor package(<5MB)
* Thread Ramp-Up
- The underlying "The Grinder" engine supports only per process ramp up, but not thread ramp up.
- nGrinder has enhanced The Grinder engine to support the thread ramp up as well
so that more smooth ramp up can be performed.
- See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/how-to-ramp-up-by-threads
* Full REST APIs.
- A user and admin can call the REST APIs to manage tests and scripts.
- The REST APIs includes user and agent management API as well for the admin user.
- See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/rest-api
* L4 simulation by custom DNS rotation.
- A user can map multiple IPs into a single DNS name in the target host configuration so that
Whenever the DNS name and ip resolution is requested, the agent resolves DNS name into the random IP.
- Check out http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/how-to-change-dns#l4_simulation
* SVN 1.8 Support and user switch support
- Underlying SVNKit has been upgraded to 1.8.3 version so that 1.8 SVN client works well
- Fix the access deny issue when followers access the other's SVN.
* More consistent configuration keys.
- Configuration keys used in the previous version are supported as well.
- However we recommends to use the new system configuration keys.
- You can see the configuration key mapping table in the followings.
* The user self sign-up
* The new user can sign up by himself/herself. The admin doesn't need to care about the user registration anymore.
* See http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_ngrinder/entry/user-sign-up
* Easier default configuration
* By default, Agents are now automatically approved when they connect to the controller.
* By default, Script console is disabled by default to reduce the unnecessary complexity.
* By default, Email and Mobile phone number fields in the user creation page is not mandatory.
* More consistent plugin interfaces
* All plugins should be updated to the latest version which support nGrinder 3.3.
* Groovy as a the first-citizen.
* Groovy was upgraded to 2.2.1 version abd became the first citizen of nGrinder.
* Custom test report plugins support
* Some plugins will be provided soon such as JVMMonitor.
* In addition, several UI improvements.
[NGRINDER-679] - Support intellij
[NGRINDER-680] - Make test parameter removable
[NGRINDER-681] - Fix NullPointerException while getting monitor data
[NGRINDER-684] - Fix typo errors
[NGRINDER-694] - Make unit tests work again
[NGRINDER-695] - Make the Initial process recognized in ramp up settings
[NGRINDER-700] - ; in URL should be changed to _ when creating an script
[NGRINDER-705] - Fix user deletion failure
[NGRINDER-706] - Fix the agent resolution bug with regions having same prefix
[NGRINDER-707] - Provide the attached agent list in healthcheck messages
[NGRINDER-714] - Clean up intellij warning
[NGRINDER-715] - Fix the incorrect svn author property bug when editing files in controller
[NGRINDER-716] - Make Asian languages correctly shown in the agent log
[NGRINDER-719] - Fix unrecognized user svn path error when creating a user with not trimmed user id
[NGRINDER-723] - Cache expiration is necessary when the user's followers are changed.
[NGRINDER-724] - SVN access from followers is denied.
[NGRINDER-289] - Test Compare feature should be provided
[NGRINDER-486] - Support agent auto update
[NGRINDER-675] - Add statistics data chart at perftest list
[NGRINDER-676] - Provide more consistent plugin interfaces
[NGRINDER-677] - Fix checkstyle errors
[NGRINDER-682] - Adjust logger level to see only necessary logs
[NGRINDER-685] - Provide custom report plugin structure
[NGRINDER-686] - Delete all jnlp related codes from ngrinder
[NGRINDER-687] - Make OnTestSamplingRunnable initiated whenever the test is executed.
[NGRINDER-689] - Clearfy index page logic
[NGRINDER-691] - Refactor ngrinder to be readable
[NGRINDER-692] - Support IPv6 and bind to all IPs
[NGRINDER-693] - Add agent version info agent list page
[NGRINDER-696] - Provide dynamic agent status view in the agent list
[NGRINDER-697] - Use freemarker macro to make ftl more concise
[NGRINDER-698] - Switch from Jython to Groovy in ScriptConsole
[NGRINDER-699] - Make APIs and maven project name consistent
[NGRINDER-701] - Make monitoring service clean
[NGRINDER-702] - Review all java methods doc
[NGRINDER-703] - Make the configuration keys more consistent
[NGRINDER-704] - Make the script syntax check optional during script validation
[NGRINDER-708] - Remove unnecessary replicated cache
[NGRINDER-710] - Add the easy cluster mode using local file system and h2 tcpserver
[NGRINDER-711] - Make the default configuration easily manageable
[NGRINDER-712] - Make ngrinder war executable from command line
[NGRINDER-713] - Reduce unnecessary db and access to speed up
[NGRINDER-717] - Make the unused region's agent info deletable.
[NGRINDER-720] - Make not frequently used configurations collapsible
[NGRINDER-721] - Provide easy user switch for admin
[NGRINDER-722] - Support SVN 1.8
[NGRINDER-678] - Allow user sign up
[NGRINDER-688] - Allow multiple DNS entries to simulate the L4.
[NGRINDER-690] - Provide full REST APIs
[NGRINDER-709] - Make admin password be able to reset
[NGRINDER-718] - Enable ramp up by thread