XPE (neXtgen Povray Editor) is a modern editor for povray. It includes many advanced features to help you in your scene development process.
- XML based translation system
- Auto-completion on CTRL+SPACE
- Files explorer with external application support for non-handled filetypes
- Javadoc-like documentation support
- Povray files parsing with navigator display
- includes direct acces by right click
- ini files support
- rendering console
- notepad, clock, calculator, open documents
- retractable panels interface
- Internal image-files viewer
At the moment, it's not possible to install from packages, or compile: debian (testing) packages are libwxgtk-3 (3.0.2-1), xpe requires 2.6 or 2.8 :\ You should update the code, so I could try xpe :)
So far it's a very promising endeavour ! As far as working with POV SDL files goes, it has pretty much all the tools you can ever need and enough usability, all wrapped in a neet and clean interface that helps a lot !
try it ! and ask for new features if necessary